- Total length: 37 cm, blade length: 24 cm | Item number: 1882026032 - Other knife types and set combinations are available for this knife collection. All knives from this collection are packaged in a precious gift box made of wood.
- Material: Forged blade made of rust-free and acid resistant speciality blade steel. Long lasting sharpness thanks to the hardened blade. Handle without grooves made of high-quality rust-free Cromargan® stainless steel.
- Bread knife with double-serrated blade: Cuts completely straight without sliding of the blade in a slant.
- Ergonomically shaped handle and perfectly balanced weight of blade and handle for comfortable handling. Jointless workmanship makes it perfectly sanitary - no noticeable transitions between blade, guard and handle. Cleaning the knife: Hand-wash.
- Made in Germany - Knife in premium quality, manufactured at our own blade forge in Germany. The special design intuitively provides a professional holding of the handle.
There’s nothing quite like gliding the blade of a bread knife through a loaf of fresh bread, breaking through the crust then cutting the crumb slice by slice – not to mention the anticipation of actually eating it. The long, sharp serrated blades of the WMF bread knives cut through all types of bread – including soft pastries such as croissants – with ease and are also ideal for cutting soft fruit. A good bread knife is a basic essential in every kitchen. The WMF models vary in appearance and size according to collection. Bread knives finished using Performance Cut technology are highly recommended. Thanks to their extreme, long-lasting sharpness, they cut through even the crustiest of loaves reliably. Incidentally, only bread knives from WMF have the patented double-serrated edge. Blades with a double-serrated edge are serrated on both sides and cut straight down rather than at an angle, leaving you with perfectly even slices.
As the name suggests, the Chef’s Edition was designed for professional chefs and for all those looking for maximum cutting precision. The idea behind the collection came about after a workshop on handling and cutting techniques. Professional chefs hold wide knives between their thumb and index finger just in front of the bolster – i.e. precisely where you would find a sharp edge on standard knives. This realisation led to the development of a knife with a smooth transition between the blade and the bolster as well as on the spine. As there are no sharp edges, the knives in the Chef’s Edition fit perfectly in the hand and effortlessly cut through even the thickest pieces of meat and the crunchiest of vegetables. Thanks to the seamless transition between the blades and the stainless steel handles, the models are particularly easy-care and hygienic. The series includes a larding knife, an all-purpose knife, a chef’s knife, a carving knife and a bread knife as well as a Chinese chef’s knife. All blades are Performance Cut, guaranteeing outstanding, long-lasting sharpness. Besides tactile and functional qualities, the Chef’s Edition also boasts a modern design.
|Material||Special blade steel, forged|
|Product properties||Performance Cut, Double serrated edge|
|Production||Made in Germany|
|Care||Wash by hand|