- Total length: 29.5 cm, blade length: 17 cm | Item number: 1880336032 - Other knife types and set combinations are available for this knife collection.
- Material: Forged blade made of rust-free and acid resistant speciality blade steel. Long lasting sharpness thanks to the hardened blade. Handle without grooves made of high-quality rust-free Cromargan® stainless steel.
- Performance Cut technology: Combination of traditional forging processes with state-of-the-art precision technology for extraordinary long lasting sharpness.
- Ergonomically shaped handle and perfectly balanced weight of blade and handle for comfortable handling. Jointless workmanship makes it perfectly sanitary - no noticeable transitions between blade, guard and handle. Cleaning the knife: Hand-wash.
- Made in Germany - Knife in premium quality, manufactured at our own blade forge in Germany.
Beef, chicken or lamb, raw, cooked or roasted: a carving knife will carve or cut through any type of meat with ease. Carving knives have a slightly curved, pointed blade of between 15 and 30 centimetres in length. This is the optimal length for slicing through even the thickest of roasts without any great resistance. And best of all: carving knives cut with such precision that they cleanly sever the fine fibres of the meat while retaining the meat’s precious juices. WMF carving knives are precision ground, making them not only extremely sharp, but also extremely durable. They are available in a range of designs for both amateur and professional cooks. Incidentally, carving knives are also ideal for preparing fish.
The knives in the Grand Gourmet collection are a highlight in any kitchen. Made entirely from stainless steel, they are not only stylish, but also come with a range of exclusive extras: for example, the Cromargan® handles ensure a secure grip and their seamless design guarantees optimum hygiene. When cutting, the bolster provides the necessary balance between handle and blade, giving a whole new meaning to the expression ‘cutting-edge’: high-grade special blade steel is forged in the traditional way along the entire length of the blade and then finished using Performance Cut technology. The Grand Gourmet series includes classics such as an all-purpose knife, a chef’s knife and a bread knife as well as a boning, fillet and Santoku knife. Incidentally, the stainless steel handles are ideal for engraving – allowing you to make each knife unmistakably your own or a highly personalised gift.
|Material||Special blade steel, forged|
|Product properties||Performance Cut|
|Production||Made in Germany|
|Care||Wash by hand|
|Design Award||Busse Longlife Design Award, Busse Design Ulm GmbH, 2005, Design Plus, Messe Frankfurt, 1994, Ernennung Compasso d'oro, 1995, Prix de Couverts Maison & Objet Paris, 1997, red dot award, Design Zentrum NRW, 1994|