- Total length: 33 cm, blade length: 20 cm | Item number: 1882016032 - Other knife types and set combinations are available for this knife collection. All knives from this collection are packaged in a precious gift box made of wood.
- Material: Forged blade made of rust-free and acid resistant speciality blade steel. Long lasting sharpness thanks to the hardened blade. Handle without grooves made of high-quality rust-free Cromargan® stainless steel.
- Performance Cut technology: Combination of traditional forging processes with state-of-the-art precision technology for extraordinary long lasting sharpness.
- Ergonomically shaped handle and perfectly balanced weight of blade and handle for comfortable handling. Jointless workmanship makes it perfectly sanitary - no noticeable transitions between blade, guard and handle. Cleaning the knife: Hand-wash.
- Made in Germany - Knife in premium quality, manufactured at our own blade forge in Germany. The special design intuitively provides a professional holding of the handle.
Beef, chicken or lamb, raw, cooked or roasted: a carving knife will carve or cut through any type of meat with ease. Carving knives have a slightly curved, pointed blade of between 15 and 30 centimetres in length. This is the optimal length for slicing through even the thickest of roasts without any great resistance. And best of all: carving knives cut with such precision that they cleanly sever the fine fibres of the meat while retaining the meat’s precious juices. WMF carving knives are precision ground, making them not only extremely sharp, but also extremely durable. They are available in a range of designs for both amateur and professional cooks. Incidentally, carving knives are also ideal for preparing fish.
As the name suggests, the Chef’s Edition was designed for professional chefs and for all those looking for maximum cutting precision. The idea behind the collection came about after a workshop on handling and cutting techniques. Professional chefs hold wide knives between their thumb and index finger just in front of the bolster – i.e. precisely where you would find a sharp edge on standard knives. This realisation led to the development of a knife with a smooth transition between the blade and the bolster as well as on the spine. As there are no sharp edges, the knives in the Chef’s Edition fit perfectly in the hand and effortlessly cut through even the thickest pieces of meat and the crunchiest of vegetables. Thanks to the seamless transition between the blades and the stainless steel handles, the models are particularly easy-care and hygienic. The series includes a larding knife, an all-purpose knife, a chef’s knife, a carving knife and a bread knife as well as a Chinese chef’s knife. All blades are Performance Cut, guaranteeing outstanding, long-lasting sharpness. Besides tactile and functional qualities, the Chef’s Edition also boasts a modern design.
|Material||Special blade steel, forged|
|Product properties||Performance Cut|
|Production||Made in Germany|
|Care||Wash by hand|