- Total length: 33.5 cm, blade length: 20 cm | Item number: 1880399998 - Other knife types and set combinations are available for this knife collection. All knives from this collection are packaged in a precious gift box made of wood.
- Material: Damasteel forged speciality blade steel - 120 layers of speciality steel for extraordinary durability and long lasting sharpness. Rust-free and acid resistant. Handle without grooves made of high-quality rust-free Cromargan® stainless steel.
- Performance Cut technology: Combination of traditional forging processes with state-of-the-art precision technology for extraordinary long lasting sharpness.
- Ergonomically shaped handle and perfectly balanced weight of blade and handle for comfortable handling. Jointless workmanship makes it perfectly sanitary - no noticeable transitions between blade, guard and handle. Cleaning the knife: Hand-wash.
- Made in Germany - Knife in premium quality, manufactured at our own blade forge in Germany. All Damasteel knives are packaged in a precious gift box made of wood.
The chef’s knife is the jack of all trades amongst knives: its wide, strong blade glides smoothly through fish and meat, dicing even the hardest of vegetables. The chef’s knife also makes easy work of mincing herbs and chopping up nuts: simply place the tip of the knife on the cutting board and rock the blade up and down. And as if that weren’t enough, the broadside of the knife can be used for tenderising meat to make sure it is evenly flat, for example like a schnitzel. No wonder this highly versatile knife is regarded as a kitchen staple. WMF offers a variety of models with varying blade lengths (13, 15 and 20 centimetres) and characteristics for each knife collection. Your new favourite knife is sure to be amongst them.
Knives like no other! Blades so fine that they appear to have come straight from an old Damascus forge and so strong that they remain sharp for a remarkably long time. All made possible by state-of-the-art technology: various special steels are combined to create a single blade steel, which consists of relatively 120 layers and is further processed using a traditional forging method. The knives in the WMF Damasteel series are exceptionally strong and can thus be ground to an extremely sharp angle. The result: outstanding, long-lasting sharpness. A forged bolster ensures the perfect balance between the blade and the ergonomically shaped stainless steel handle. The characteristic pattern of the blade results from the various raw materials processed – and adds a touch of luxury to the collection. This popular series includes an all-purpose knife, a chef’s knife, a carving knife and a Santoku knife.
|Material||Damasteel special blade steel forged (120 sheets)|
|Product properties||Performance Cut|
|Production||Made in Germany|
|Care||Wash by hand|