- Total length: 27.5 cm, blade length: 16 cm | Item number: 1889516032 - Other knife types and set combinations are available for this knife collection.
- Material: Forged blade made of rust-free and acid resistant speciality blade steel. Long lasting sharpness thanks to the hardened blade. Handle without grooves made of high-quality rust-free Cromargan® stainless steel.
- Performance Cut technology: Combination of traditional forging processes with state-of-the-art precision technology for extraordinary long lasting sharpness.
- Ergonomically shaped handle and perfectly balanced weight of blade and handle for comfortable handling. Jointless workmanship makes it perfectly sanitary - no noticeable transitions between blade, guard and handle. Cleaning the knife: Hand-wash.
- Made in Germany - Knife in premium quality, manufactured at our own blade forge in Germany.
Its straight spine and curved edge make the kitchen knife ideal for a wide range of preparatory tasks. The rounded shape of the blade enables it to roll on and off the cutting surface, making it perfect for rocking cutting movements. Kitchen knives are best used for cleaning, cutting and portioning vegetables, fruit, meat and fish. The blades of the WMF kitchen knives are 16 to 20 centimetres long and feature a unique double-serrated edge. This enables the precise and safe cutting of frozen foods or very hard foods such as salami without slipping. No wonder this highly versatile kitchen knife is regarded as a household staple.
The knives in the Grand Gourmet collection are a highlight in any kitchen. Made entirely from stainless steel, they are not only stylish, but also come with a range of exclusive extras: for example, the Cromargan® handles ensure a secure grip and their seamless design guarantees optimum hygiene. When cutting, the bolster provides the necessary balance between handle and blade, giving a whole new meaning to the expression ‘cutting-edge’: high-grade special blade steel is forged in the traditional way along the entire length of the blade and then finished using Performance Cut technology. The Grand Gourmet series includes classics such as an all-purpose knife, a chef’s knife and a bread knife as well as a boning, fillet and Santoku knife. Incidentally, the stainless steel handles are ideal for engraving – allowing you to make each knife unmistakably your own or a highly personalised gift.
|Material||Special blade steel, forged|
|Product properties||Performance Cut, Double serrated edge|
|Production||Made in Germany|
|Care||Wash by hand|
|Design Award||Busse Longlife Design Award, Busse Design Ulm GmbH, 2005, Design Plus, Messe Frankfurt, 1994, Ernennung Compasso d'oro, 1995, Internationaler Designpreis, Design Center , Prix de Couverts Maison & Objet Paris, 1997, red dot award, Design Zentrum NRW, 1994|