- Total length: 32 cm, blade length: 18 cm | Item number: 1891946032 - Other knife types and set combinations are available for this knife collection.
- Material: Forged blade made of rust-free and acid resistant speciality blade steel. Long lasting sharpness thanks to the hardened blade. Handle without grooves made of high-quality rust-free Cromargan® stainless steel.
- Performance Cut technology: Combination of traditional forging processes with state-of-the-art precision technology for extraordinary long lasting sharpness.
- Ergonomically shaped handle and perfectly balanced weight of blade and handle for comfortable handling. Jointless workmanship makes it perfectly sanitary - no noticeable transitions between blade, guard and handle. Cleaning the knife: Hand-wash.
- Made in Germany - Knife in premium quality, manufactured at our own blade forge in Germany.
This is the exotic model amongst the knives. Originally designed for preparing Japanese dishes, it has long since become a staple in international kitchens. A Santoku knife is best suited to preparing wok dishes and wafer-thin sushi. It easily cuts and chops meat, fish, vegetables and herbs and was designed solely for downward cutting, i.e. chopping not mincing. Besides being extremely sharp, the Santoku knife is characterised by its special shape: unlike European models, the blade is wider than the handle, allowing for more finger room when cutting. A Santoku knife is also often lighter than its comparably big European counterparts. For those who like to cook a lot, this knife is a valuable addition to any knife set.
The knives in the Grand Gourmet collection are a highlight in any kitchen. Made entirely from stainless steel, they are not only stylish, but also come with a range of exclusive extras: for example, the Cromargan® handles ensure a secure grip and their seamless design guarantees optimum hygiene. When cutting, the bolster provides the necessary balance between handle and blade, giving a whole new meaning to the expression ‘cutting-edge’: high-grade special blade steel is forged in the traditional way along the entire length of the blade and then finished using Performance Cut technology. The Grand Gourmet series includes classics such as an all-purpose knife, a chef’s knife and a bread knife as well as a boning, fillet and Santoku knife. Incidentally, the stainless steel handles are ideal for engraving – allowing you to make each knife unmistakably your own or a highly personalised gift.
|Material||Special blade steel, forged|
|Product properties||Performance Cut|
|Production||Made in Germany|
|Color||black, stainless steel|
|Care||Wash by hand|
|Design Award||Busse Longlife Design Award, Busse Design Ulm GmbH, 2005, Design Plus, Messe Frankfurt, 1994, Ernennung Compasso d'oro, 1995, Internationaler Designpreis, Design Center , Prix de Couverts Maison & Objet Paris, 1997, red dot award, Design Zentrum NRW, 1994|