Autumn apple salad with walnuts and berries
- 2-3 sweet-sour apples (e.g. Gravenstein, King of the Pippins)
- 200 g blackberries
- Optional: 200 g cooked Beluga lentils
- 1 handful of fresh, lightly plucked herbs (e.g. basil, parsley, mint, thyme)
- 1 small head of radicchio
- 50 g each of almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts
- 2-3 tbsp. sugar
- Salt flakes
For the topping:
- 1 small red shallot
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 4 tbsp. walnut oil
- Salt and pepper
For the dressing:
1. For the topping: caramelize the almonds, hazelnuts and walnuts with sugar in a non-stick frying pan and sprinkle with salt flakes.
2. Spread out on baking paper and chop slightly once cooled down.
3. For the dressing: finely chop the shallot and garlic, and mix well with the honey, lemon juice and walnut oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Finely slice the apples and mix with a little dressing right away to stop them from discolor-ing. Arrange on the radicchio together with the blackberries, Beluga lentils and herbs, driz-zle over the dressing and sprinkle with the nuts.
Toasted farmhouse bread is an ideal accompaniment.
Approx. 20 minutes