How to apply to the WMF
Online - quickly and easily
Have you found an interesting opportunity in our job listings or would you like to submit a speculative application? Whether you're interested in a permanent position, an apprenticeship, a temporary job, an internship or a holiday job, the application process always begins the same way - with you writing your application and filling out our online form. This is convenient and saves paper. And we receive your application straight away. That's how easy careers can be.
Want to know how it works? Simply download the instructions for the application process. Or get going right away and click on "Bewerben" next to the vacancy of your choice. Of course, you can also submit your speculative application online. We look forward to hearing from you.
You can find more information about the WMF application process here:
The online application process explained step by step (PDF)
Tipps for submitting your application
Be remembered for the right reasons
You never get a second chance to make a first impression. This is particularly true of your application, in which you should give us a clear but concise picture of your qualifications, interests and personality. This is quite easy if you follow a few simple rules:
1. Make sure that your application documents are meaningful and complete. A good application generally comprises:
- Cover letter
- Up-to-date references
2. Use your cover letter to give us a brief overview of your personality and your motivation for applying for the job advertised:
- Which job are you applying for?
- Why are you interested in this job?
- What would you expect from your new position?
- Why are you particularly suited for this job?
- What makes you special?
3. Attach an up-to-date CV:
- Structure the CV in tabular form.
- Begin with your most recent job.
4. Maintain high standards:
- Check your documents carefully for spelling and formatting errors.
- Aim for a clear structure and good readability.
- Add a miximum of two attachments, which should not exceed 5 MB.
Ideally you should convert all documents to pdf format before submitting them.
5. Awaken interest in you:
- Mention relevant hobbies or personal interests in your CV.
- Use your cover letter to make us want to find out more about you.
- Tell us why you would be a particularly valuable addition to our team.
- Offer us points of reference to bring up in a job interview.
Have you thought of everything? Then we look forward to receiving your online application.
Questions and answers
You never know
No doubt you have already had a through look at our website to find out about our open positions and the application and selection process at the WMF. If you still have questions, our staff will of course be happy to help you further at [email protected]. We look forward to hearing from you.
You will also find answers to frequently asked questions on the following page:
Can I also submit my application by post or e-mail?
The WMF prefers to receive applications via the online form. It is quick, convenient and saves paper. If you have problems applying online, please get in touch. You can reach us at the following e-mail address: [email protected]. In exceptional cases we also accept applications by e-mail or post.
Is it worth submitting a speculative application, or should I only apply for listed jobs?
We are always looking for new talent to support us in our work. As a result, we are happy for you to apply on your own initiative. Submit a speculative application via Speculative application.
How long does the selection process take?
The selection process from first contact to the final decision on whether or not you are to become part of the WMF generally takes between four ans six weeks.
How can I prepare for my job interview?
Gather information about the company. Take a look at our company website or research us in the media. Prepare well content-wise, and ideally practice your interview technique with third parties beforehand. You should also prepare a list of questions you want to ask us.
How far before the deadline should I apply?
Since it may take a certain amount of time to check your application and conduct the selection process, and there are defined start dates for different jobs, you should always apply as early as possible.
Who do I address my application to?
Please use a neutral formulation and address your application to the relevant Human Resources department. If you are in any doubt, contact our staff at [email protected]. They will be happy to help you further.