The WMF Group supports diversity, not just in our products, but also with regard to our employees. It is our passion to bring people together for delicious and precious moments, irrespective of their origin or religion.
Other factors that make our working environment outstanding:
Our working environment
Working for the WMF Group means a combination of traditional and new cooking trends, the combination of local and global markets and a positive working environment within a major corporation.
That is to say, 160 years after our foundation, our headquarters are still in Geislingen in the German state of Baden-Wuerttemberg and we still produce the majority of our product portfolio in Germany. Even so, our largest growth markets have long shifted to Asia.
As part of the French Groupe SEB, which has a total workforce of 32,000, and thanks to cooperations such as our joint venture with Coffee Day, India’s largest chain of coffee houses, it is clear that identifying with a location and an international orientation are not contradictory, but a part of our daily working lives.
We are proud of our familiar surroundings (it’s quite possible that you’ll meet our managing directors at the salad bar at lunchtime). At the same time, we promote entrepreneurial thinking, by involving all staff directly in our corporate success for instance.
Our corporate culture
We conduct business responsibly, are a role model, offer scope for action and create a culture of trust. We work together openly and constructively and encourage employees to take responsibility themselves. We combine awareness and appreciation and recognise performance and success. We consciously identify with the WMF Group and are enthusiastic about its goals and tasks. We also feel bound by the values of our French parent company, Groupe SEB:
- Passion for innovation
- Entrepreneurial drive
- Respect for people
- Team spirit
The perspectives and personal development opportunities we offer WMF Group employees are just as varied as our product world. Tailored programmes and training courses help you to reach your professional goals:
- Gaining a clear idea of our own strengths, developing potentials and networking. Programmes such as Start2Lead and From Good to Great prepare talented young people in a targeted manner to take on additional responsibilities.
- The in-house WMF Academy offers a wide-ranging portfolio of training courses to expand your skills, from certification as an industrial foreman to project management seminars.
- From fascia training and nutritional advice to Spanish language courses, our open further training programme offers something for almost everyone for a negligible fee.
- We start promoting young people early. With a total of nine training professions and eight dual study programmes, we offer everyone from school-leavers upwards diverse perspectives within the WMF Group.
A real balance
Work is only one part of life. As one of our employees, we want you to have a healthy balance: fulfilling your career dreams on the one hand and enjoying your family, friends and leisure time on the other. What does that mean specifically?
- Wherever feasible from a business perspective, we offer opportunities for flexible working hours and working from home.
- In many areas, we have a 35-hour week and grant up to 30 days’ paid leave, both secured by collective agreements.
- Through cooperations with childcare associations, for example, we support parents of young children in particular who wish to combine a career and family life.