- Content: Pan Ø 20 cm (approx. 2.5l) - optimal for stovetops with Ø 18 cm, Height: 8.5 cm | Item number: 0763206380
- Glass lid with silicone edge and four pouring functions. Scaling on the inside makes measuring amounts easier. Wide pouring edge for drip-free pouring. Hollow handles reduce the heat transfer from the pot to the handle.
- WMF pots are suitable for all stove types, including induction. TransTherm-Allherdboden®: Patented floor construction with even heat distribution and extended heat storage for energy efficient cooking.
- Material: Cromargan® Stainless steel rust-free 18/10 - dishwasher safe, easy to clean, oven safe, tasteless and acid resistant.
- Made in Germany - Premium quality, produced in-house in Germany.
The word saucepan is derived from ‘casse’, the Old French term for ladle – as such, the handy pan was used for example in field kitchens. These pans are ideal for heating small portions, milk and soup quickly and easily. They are also practical for making creams and puddings. While using one hand to hold the hollow handle – which incidentally stays cool when cooking – the other can be used to whisk. Saucepans are ideal for reducing sauces on a low heat and for measured pouring via the flared pouring rim without making a mess on the plate. Made from high-grade stainless steel, food remnants can easily be removed from the bottom of the pan should anything burn or stick. Naturally, all WMF saucepans can be cleaned in the dishwasher and are suitable for use on all hobs, including induction. Bulbous or straight-sided saucepans are available with or without lid in sizes ranging from 10 to 24 centimetres in diameter.
This cookware series was developed in cooperation with the NOA Aachen design agency, while the inspiration for the lids came from the Apple iPod. Made from a combination of stainless steel and silicone, the lid has four different functions – much like the iPod click wheel. This practical feature means, depending on the position, liquids can be drained with the lid in place – either totally or in a controlled manner: boiling water is drained through the large or small holes, while the pasta or rice remains in the pan. The closed position is designed for cooking without using much water and the open position for completely draining liquids. The red ring on the lid is a real eye-catcher. Made from heat-resistant silicone, it always sits firmly on the pan. Another important feature is the hollow handles, which stay cool when cooking and thus dispense with the need for pan holders. The pans feature an inside scale to facilitate the measurement of liquids and are made from durable Cromargan®. The TransTherm® universal base is also suitable for use on induction hobs, quickly conducts heat and retains it for a long time. The series includes 15 different pots and pans – from a frying pan to a steamer insert to a saucepan.
|Scope of delivery||lid|
|Material||Cromargan® 18/10 stainless steel|
|Product properties||Inside scale, Wide pouring rim for drip-free pouring., Stainless steel handle|
|Production||Made in Germany|
|Stove type||suitable for ceran, gas, electric and induction stoves|
|Heat resistant up to||Heat resistant up to 250°C without lid or 180°C with lid|
|Lid Type||Glass lid|
|Hotplate diameter (cm)||18|
|Capacity (in l)||2.5|
|Design Award||Design Plus Messe Frankfurt 2009, iF design award iF Hannover 2009, Nominierung für den DP3D 2008, red dot award Design Zentrum NRW 2008|