- Length: 23.3 cm. - item number: 1161036397
- Material: Cromargan protect stainless steel partially matt finish. Rust-free, dishwasher safe, dimensionally stable, sanitary, acid resistant, indestructible and scratch resistant.
- Extremely scratch resistant: Silverware stays like new for many years and does not indicate any traces of use even when intensively used on a daily basis. WMF Cromargan Protect silverware undergoes a patented process that is exclusive at WMF to strengthen the resistance to traces of use.
- Table knives have an inserted blade made of forged and hardened special blade steel. Serrated blade guarantees years of sustained perfect sharpness.
- Made by WMF - Production at our own WMF plant in Heshan. Design: Köhler & Wilms. Design prize: red dot award, Good Design.
Whether a small breakfast, copious lunch, garden party or brunch: this trio is in use at every meal - although sometimes not all together. The tablespoon is often used for soups and pasta dishes, whereas the knife cuts the food on the plate into bite-sized pieces. The table fork is used to hold the food in place while cutting with a knife. The food is then speared by the tines of fork.
Simple elegance: designed by Köhler & Wilms, the WMF Lyric cutlery collection features clear-cut and harmonious proportions. It is comfortable to hold due to the perfectly balanced material thickness and precise craftsmanship of the edges. A highlight is the partially matt finish of the cutlery resulting in the beautiful contrast between the matt handle and the polished front part. In brief, anyone who appreciates a timeless, classical style will love this cutlery.
|Knife art||knife with inserted, forged blade|
|Designer||Köhler & Wilms|
|Design Award||Good Design The Chicago Athenaeum 2003, red dot award Design Zentrum NRW 2003|
WMF Cromargan® Protect Technology
Cutlery that always looks as good as new even after years of use – no longer just wishful thinking but now a reality. WMF Cromargan protect means the surface of the cutlery items always looks flawless. The passing of time hardly leaves a trace, even after extended use.
When WMF was the first company to use stainless steel for the manufacturing of cutlery and household appliances more than 80 years ago, this marked the start of one of the most progressive chapters in the history of cooking and housekeeping. The material, which is known by the name Cromargan®, cannot tarnish, is rustproof, acid-resistant, unbreakable, easy to clean and so is extremely durable.
150 years after its first cutlery model was launched onto the market, in 2009 WMF introduced cutlery finished with Cromargan protect. Cromargan protect is produced using a thermochemical treatment process. This involves adding nitrogen to stainless steel at high temperatures, which penetrates into the material and results in a much harder surface after it cools down. This makes the material extremely resistant against signs of wear, and means it still looks as good as new even after years of use. Even intensive use and frequent cleaning in the dishwasher has no adverse effects. Polished surfaces never lose their shine, and matt surfaces stay matt. A brilliant innovation, which is patented and internationally protected by the WMF brand.
Your cutlery stays looking as beautiful as on the day you bought it.
Extremely resistant to scratches and signs of wear and tear
Polished surfaces stay shiny, matt finishes stay matt.
Knife blades made of high-grade special blade stay sharp for longer
Rustproff and dishwasher safe.
Unique WMF design that gives you pleasure every day.