- Total length: 33 cm, blade length: 19 cm | Item number: 1891696032 - Other knife types and set combinations are available for this knife collection.
- Material: Forged blade made of rust-free and acid resistant speciality blade steel. Long lasting sharpness thanks to the hardened blade. Riveted handle without grooves made of high-quality plastic.
- Bread knife with double-serrated blade: Cuts completely straight without sliding of the blade in a slant.
- Ergonomically shaped handle and perfectly balanced weight of blade and handle for comfortable handling. Jointless workmanship makes it perfectly sanitary - no noticeable transitions between blade, guard and handle. Cleaning the knife: Hand-wash.
- Made in Germany - Knife in premium quality, manufactured at our own blade forge in Germany. Classic meets modern - traditional visible studs in modern design.
There’s nothing quite like gliding the blade of a bread knife through a loaf of fresh bread, breaking through the crust then cutting the crumb slice by slice – not to mention the anticipation of actually eating it. The long, sharp serrated blades of the WMF bread knives cut through all types of bread – including soft pastries such as croissants – with ease and are also ideal for cutting soft fruit. A good bread knife is a basic essential in every kitchen. The WMF models vary in appearance and size according to collection. Bread knives finished using Performance Cut technology are highly recommended. Thanks to their extreme, long-lasting sharpness, they cut through even the crustiest of loaves reliably. Incidentally, only bread knives from WMF have the patented double-serrated edge. Blades with a double-serrated edge are serrated on both sides and cut straight down rather than at an angle, leaving you with perfectly even slices.
A touch of nostalgia coupled with state-of-the-art materials processing – this sums up the WMF Grand Class knife series. The design of the black handles with stainless steel rivets is reminiscent of traditional craftsmanship of days gone by. While the modern, seamless design of the high-quality plastic handles guarantee optimum hygiene, the ergonomic shape ensures convenient and secure handling. The bolster serves to protect fingers when cutting. Like all WMF knives, the knives in the Grand Class series are made from high-grade special blade steel, forged along their entire length. Finally, Performance Cut technology gives the blades their exceptional, long-lasting sharpness. The collection includes a chef’s knife and a carving knife with various blade lengths, an all-purpose knife, a vegetable, bread and kitchen knife, as well as a Santoku, larding, preparing and peeling knife.
|Material||Special blade steel, forged|
|Product properties||Performance Cut, Double serrated edge|
|Production||Made in Germany|
|Care||Wash by hand|
|Design Award||iF design award, iF Hannover, 2012|