- Total length: 32 cm, blade length: 19 cm | Item number: 1889506032 - Other knife types and set combinations are available for this knife collection.
- Material: Forged blade made of rust-free and acid resistant speciality blade steel. Long lasting sharpness thanks to the hardened blade. Handle without grooves made of high-quality rust-free Cromargan® stainless steel.
- Bread knife with double-serrated blade: Cuts completely straight without sliding of the blade in a slant.
- Ergonomically shaped handle and perfectly balanced weight of blade and handle for comfortable handling. Jointless workmanship makes it perfectly sanitary - no noticeable transitions between blade, guard and handle. Cleaning the knife: Hand-wash.
- Made in Germany - Knife in premium quality, manufactured at our own blade forge in Germany.
There’s nothing quite like gliding the blade of a bread knife through a loaf of fresh bread, breaking through the crust then cutting the crumb slice by slice – not to mention the anticipation of actually eating it. The long, sharp serrated blades of the WMF bread knives cut through all types of bread – including soft pastries such as croissants – with ease and are also ideal for cutting soft fruit. A good bread knife is a basic essential in every kitchen. The WMF models vary in appearance and size according to collection. Bread knives finished using Performance Cut technology are highly recommended. Thanks to their extreme, long-lasting sharpness, they cut through even the crustiest of loaves reliably. Incidentally, only bread knives from WMF have the patented double-serrated edge. Blades with a double-serrated edge are serrated on both sides and cut straight down rather than at an angle, leaving you with perfectly even slices.
The knives in the Grand Gourmet collection are a highlight in any kitchen. Made entirely from stainless steel, they are not only stylish, but also come with a range of exclusive extras: for example, the Cromargan® handles ensure a secure grip and their seamless design guarantees optimum hygiene. When cutting, the bolster provides the necessary balance between handle and blade, giving a whole new meaning to the expression ‘cutting-edge’: high-grade special blade steel is forged in the traditional way along the entire length of the blade and then finished using Performance Cut technology. The Grand Gourmet series includes classics such as an all-purpose knife, a chef’s knife and a bread knife as well as a boning, fillet and Santoku knife. Incidentally, the stainless steel handles are ideal for engraving – allowing you to make each knife unmistakably your own or a highly personalised gift.
|Material||Special blade steel, forged|
|Product properties||Performance Cut, Double serrated edge|
|Production||Made in Germany|
|Care||Wash by hand|
|Design Award||Busse Longlife Design Award, Busse Design Ulm GmbH, 2005, Design Plus, Messe Frankfurt, 1994, Ernennung Compasso d'oro, 1995, Prix de Couverts Maison & Objet Paris, 1997, red dot award, Design Zentrum NRW, 1994|