- Total length: 17.5 cm, blade length: 7 cm | Item number: 1889706032 - Other knife types and set combinations are available for this knife collection.
- Material: Forged blade made of rust-free and acid resistant speciality blade steel. Long lasting sharpness thanks to the hardened blade. Handle without grooves made of high-quality rust-free Cromargan® stainless steel.
- Performance Cut technology: Combination of traditional forging processes with state-of-the-art precision technology for extraordinary long lasting sharpness.
- Ergonomically shaped handle and perfectly balanced weight of blade and handle for comfortable handling. Jointless workmanship makes it perfectly sanitary - no noticeable transitions between blade, guard and handle. Cleaning the knife: Hand-wash.
- Made in Germany - Knife in premium quality, manufactured at our own blade forge in Germany.
The paring/peeling knife is a must-have for passionate cooks and fruit and vegetable lovers. It is also classed as a preparing knife and is used daily in many kitchens. And no wonder: its extremely short, curved beak-like blade makes it ideal for peeling any round fruit or vegetables with ease. The blades of the WMF paring/peeling knives are so sharp that they enable only a very thin layer of peel to be removed. The advantage of this is that the vitamins just below the skin or peel are retained. The sharp tip also makes light work of decorative garnishes or fruit and vegetable figures. For as we all know, food can be a feast for the eyes, too.
The knives in the Grand Gourmet collection are a highlight in any kitchen. Made entirely from stainless steel, they are not only stylish, but also come with a range of exclusive extras: for example, the Cromargan® handles ensure a secure grip and their seamless design guarantees optimum hygiene. When cutting, the bolster provides the necessary balance between handle and blade, giving a whole new meaning to the expression ‘cutting-edge’: high-grade special blade steel is forged in the traditional way along the entire length of the blade and then finished using Performance Cut technology. The Grand Gourmet series includes classics such as an all-purpose knife, a chef’s knife and a bread knife as well as a boning, fillet and Santoku knife. Incidentally, the stainless steel handles are ideal for engraving – allowing you to make each knife unmistakably your own or a highly personalised gift.
|Material||Special blade steel, forged|
|Product properties||Performance Cut|
|Production||Made in Germany|
|Care||Wash by hand|
|Design Award||Busse Longlife Design Award, Busse Design Ulm GmbH, 2005|
|Test award||Stiftung Warentest Grand Gourmet 2014|