- Overall Length: 32 cm, Blade length: 18 cm | Item number: 1891949998 - For this collection different types of knives and set composition are available. All knives in this series are packed in an elegant gift box made of wood.
- Material: Damasteel forged special blade steel - 120 layers special steels for exceptional strength and long-lasting sharpness. Stainless and acid-resistant Seamlessly processed handle made of high quality stainless steel Cromargan®.
- Performance Cut technology: combination of traditional forging method with the latest technology for superior precision and long-lasting sharpness.
- Ergonomic grip and perfect weight balance of blade and handle for easy handling. Absolute hygienic thanks to seamless construction - no transitions between blade, bolster and handle noticeably. Cleaning blade: Hand wash. - Developed in Germany.
- As a German brand WMF is known for its versatile stylish range of products and reliability in quality and finish. For over 160 years WMF has been making cooking, dining and drinking a real experience whilst maintaining professional standards and progressing manufacturing technologies.
This is the exotic model amongst the knives. Originally designed for preparing Japanese dishes, it has long since become a staple in international kitchens. A Santoku knife is best suited to preparing wok dishes and wafer-thin sushi. It easily cuts and chops meat, fish, vegetables and herbs and was designed solely for downward cutting, i.e. chopping not mincing. Besides being extremely sharp, the Santoku knife is characterised by its special shape: unlike European models, the blade is wider than the handle, allowing for more finger room when cutting. A Santoku knife is also often lighter than its comparably big European counterparts. For those who like to cook a lot, this knife is a valuable addition to any knife set.
Knives like no other! Blades so fine that they appear to have come straight from an old Damascus forge and so strong that they remain sharp for a remarkably long time. All made possible by state-of-the-art technology: various special steels are combined to create a single blade steel, which consists of relatively 120 layers and is further processed using a traditional forging method. The knives in the WMF Damasteel series are exceptionally strong and can thus be ground to an extremely sharp angle. The result: outstanding, long-lasting sharpness. A forged bolster ensures the perfect balance between the blade and the ergonomically shaped stainless steel handle. The characteristic pattern of the blade results from the various raw materials processed – and adds a touch of luxury to the collection. This popular series includes an all-purpose knife, a chef’s knife, a carving knife and a Santoku knife.
|Material||Damasteel special blade steel forged (120 sheets)|
|Product properties||Performance Cut|
|Production||Made in Germany|
|Color||black, stainless steel|
|Care||Wash by hand|